Often the perfect gift isn't something you wrap. Downtown Arlington provides you, your family, and friends unlimited opportunities for time well spent. Check out these ideas for filling your holidays—and heart—with gratitude.
Holiday Resources for Downtown Businesses
Is your business located in Downtown Arlington? Let us help you get ready for the holidays and Small Business Saturday on November 26:
- Small Business Saturday kits - Contact our office for free materials to help prepare your business for the ho-ho-ho-holidays.
- Holiday Lights Parade - This popular Arlington tradition will wind through our neighborhood on Saturday, Dec. 10 starting at 6:00pm. It's the perfect opportunity to show off your holiday spirit inside your storefront and out. Visit the website at holidaylightsparade.com for information, including details about how to enter the parade.
- Holiday Wreaths - Deck your doors with boughs aplenty! Contact our office to participate in our annual holiday wreath program. The deadline to order is November 16. We'll deliver your wreath(s) to you shortly after Dec. 5. Call Dana or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
Team Thanksgiving Dinner
If you're making ALL THE PLANS for Thanksgiving dinner, may we suggest a little assist from some of our favorite Downtown culinary masters? The Sanford House, Hurtado Barbecue, and Inspirations Fork & Table are going to be our secret weapons this year. Just saying.
You don't have to drop when you do your shopping in Downtown Arlington.
- Growl Records - 15% off everything in the store
- Wildfire and Lace - 15% off all purchases
- On Tap - $2 off all flights to help you discover your new favorites from their 50 taps
- Sugar Bee Sweets Bakery
- In person: Buy one cupcake, get one half off
- Online: 10% off all Christmas orders using code SMALLBIZSAT at checkout
- Union Worx - Use code SMBIZ2022 for half-off memberships in December for Open Coworking and Dedicated Desk
- Arlington Museum of Art
- If you mention Small Business Saturday at the front desk, you'll get $5 off adult, senior, and youth admission tickets purchased at the door
- Get a free grab bag in the museum gift shop if you spend $25 or more
- Join the AMA by Dec. 31, and they'll extend your 12-month membership through May 31, 2024
- The Man's Shop - buy one get 1/2 off on sport shirts and quarter-zip sweaters
Bundle Up! Ideas for Local Gift-Giving Pairings
Girls (or Guys) Night (or Day) Out
So many ways to get the gang together in Downtown Arlington! Think GIFT CERTIFICATES for a day or night out in Downtown Arlington. Would your besties be into DIY art classes at Board & Brush, Catalyst Creative Arts, or Spark Studio Art? Or how about you take a class together at Miss Persis Studio of Dance? Another artful way to spend time together: the Arlington Museum of Art offers 75% off admission to groups of 10 or more. Combine that with a group mani-pedi at one of Downtown's full-service salon/spas, and you've got yourself the chillest of adventures.
If your group prefers a more high-energy vibe, grab some gift certificates to Arlington Yoga Center, DynoRock Indoor Climbing Center, Lone Star Axe Throwing, Texas Black Belt Academy, or Camp Tuf, or game to your hearts' content at Free Play Arcade or Wild West Comics.
Dinner and a Show
Surprise your family with gift cards to their favorite Downtown restaurants and pubs, and make it a night out by adding tickets to a show at Theatre Arlington, Arlington Music Hall, Symphony Arlington, or UT Arlington (utatickets.com).
Don't you love that "aha!" moment when you're shopping for someone special? We highly recommend the personal touch and unique shopping at The Man's Shop, Wildfire and Lace, the Arlington Museum of Art gift shop,HE Cannon Floral, Growl Records, Wild West Comics, and Wondrous Works in Wood. And don't forget the UTA Bookstore for those special Mavericks in your life.
As you're out and about in Downtown Arlington this month, please help us get the word out about our local entrepreneurs by include #smallbusinesssaturday and tag @dtarlington while posting about your favorite Downtown Arlington businesses.
About Downtown Arlington
Designated by the State of Texas as the Arlington Cultural District, Downtown Arlington is where creativity, authenticity, and hometown pride thrive and drive what's next. Within its less than a two-mile radius, Downtown is home to The University of Texas at Arlington as well as prolific visual and performing artists and arts institutions, live entertainment, exciting NCAA and professional athletics, one-of-a-kind dining and retail, and a supportive business climate. Stay in the know by subscribing to our e-newsletter and by following us on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and Instagram.
Mentioned in this Post