Hello Spring! As you make plans to go outside and play, make some memories, and wear that sassy spring mask, here are our top ten ideas for celebrating springtime -- and Spring Break -- in Downtown Arlington.
Downtown Arlington Health and Wellness Series
Our new Health and Wellness Series offers the best of all worlds. This four-part outdoor wellness classes is free and designed with every fitness level in mind.
Sponsored in part by a grant from the Arlington Tomorrow Foundation, the Downtown Health and Wellness series runs from 10:00 – 11:00 a.m. on four consecutive Saturdays starting March 20, 2021. The series, produced in cooperation with the Levitt Pavilion, will feature top Arlington fitness experts from Arlington Yoga Center, Camp Tuf, and the University of Texas at Arlington Department of Athletics.
“People are looking for healthy ways to recharge in both body and spirit, and to reconnect with their community,” said Maggie Campbell, President and CEO of Downtown Arlington. “By offering this free Health and Wellness Series, we hope to facilitate that feeling of connectedness and renewal. We’re so grateful to the Arlington Tomorrow Foundation for making it possible for us to offer this series.”
Held at the Levitt Pavilion, each class is available to take both in person or virtually through live streaming.
Grab your mat, a bottle of water, and join us at 10:00 a.m. each Saturday:
March 20: Flow Yoga presented by Arlington Yoga Center
Start your Saturday with Amelia for a flow-based yoga class accessible to all levels of experience.
March 27: Personalized Functional Fitness presented by Camp Tuf
Regardless of your fitness level, you’ll benefit from this bodyweight, high intensity, functional fitness workout because it’s personalized just for you.
April 3: Meditative Yoga presented by Arlington Yoga Center
Strengthen your mind and body through this yoga class featuring moderate exercise with meditation and breath control.
April 10: Flexible Total Body Workout presented by UTA Athletics
Experience a total body workout while learning functional movement patterns and exercise variations designed for a broad spectrum of physical ability.
To register, visit downtownarlington.org/health-and-wellness
Spring Break Line-Up
Visit our online events calendar for WAY more ways to get out and play in Downtown Arlington, including:
- Don't miss out on the spring break activities taking place all week at George W. Hawkes Downtown Library including a Pokemon Hunt, Makerspace activities, Create Hour and Little Art for little ones, and a Diary Makers class for tweens.
- Looking for some St. Patrick's Day fun? Check out our restaurant and pub guide for inspiration including, of course, St. Patrick's Day at J. Gilligan's (masks are strongly encouraged).
- Create Arlington's hosting their Third Thursday Pop Up Art Show on March 18 from 5:00 – 8:00 p.m.
- After stopping by Create Arlington, enjoy a wonderful classical performance by Symphony Arlington starting at 7:30 p.m. March 18.
- Michael Martin Murphey takes the stage at Arlington Music Hall on Friday, March 19.
- Also starting on Friday, UTA Softball welcomes the ULL Ragin Cajuns to Allan Saxe Field for a triple-header weekend.
- Meanwhile, South Alabama comes to town to take on UTA men’s baseball Friday - Saturday, March 19 and 20.
- Last day of Spring Break = First day of Spring! Downtown Arlington is making the day memorable with the kick-off of a free Health and Wellness Series. See details above or click here.
- We know your kids are having a blast at Theatre Arlington's camp this week, so how about you plan ahead for some fun for yourself? Follow Theatre Arlington on Facebook for upcoming special performances and registration info for the next Painting Party with Angie.
- To wrap up Spring Break in style, the Levitt Pavilion is hosting its first concert of 2021 on Saturday, March 20. Wade Bowen with special guest Justin Ross take the stage starting at 7:00 p.m., so don't forget to buy your tickets in advance for this fundraising show. Help the Levitt keep the music alive in Downtown!
Visit our online calendar of events for more ways to spend springtime in Downtown Arlington, including Youth Art Month from March 29 - May 8 at the Arlington Museum of Art.
Make it a Weekend
Here's an idea. Grab a room at the Sanford House Inn and Spa or Thornton Inn for Friday and Saturday night and make a weekend of it! Have dinner and drinks on Friday night, then start your Saturday with breakfast at the inn and yoga on the lawn. Enjoy a lazy lunch on one of your favorite Downtown patios, take a mural walk in the afternoon, then dinner and an outdoor show: the Levitt’s first in-person show of 2021.
Downtown Outdoors is a Downtown Arlington platform for discovering and experiencing the great outdoors in the heart of our city. Downtown Outdoors not only helps us see Arlington’s historical and cultural district differently, but creates opportunities to engage with our outdoor spaces through creative new programming that’s open to all. Visit Downtown Outdoors on our website for more ideas and activities.