There’s nothing like treating yourself to a head-to-toe day at the spa. A great massage, skin treatment, and mani-pedi are not only relaxing and rejuvenating but fuel lasting benefits to the health of your muscles, circulation, skin and nails.
If you own or manage a business in Downtown Arlington, now you can pamper your property on the outside through the Downtown Arlington BID Improvement Grants Program. By rejuvenating its curb appeal, you’re helping fuel lasting benefits on the inside of your business, too: your bottom line.
Downtown Arlington BID Improvement Grants Program
The Downtown Arlington BID Improvement Grants Program elevates the experience for those who live, work in, and visit Downtown by funding business exterior beautification and improvement projects. The Program provides matching grants starting at $500 up to 50% of the total project cost with a maximum of $5,000 per project.
Grants are available to owners or representatives with properties located within the boundaries of the Downtown Arlington Business Improvement District (BID). Improvements such as (but not limited to) building façade enhancements, awnings, painting, landscape elements, signage, accessibility improvements, public art, murals and decorative lighting are eligible for the program, subject to approval by Downtown Arlington. Property owners are encouraged to submit applications as they arise, as funds are distributed on a first come, first serve basis.
Application and Funding Process
- The property owner (or representative) submits brief description of project scope to Downtown Arlington staff to determine if project meets the general intent of the program.
- Upon invitation, the property owner (or representative) submits a Downtown Arlington BID Improvement Grant Application with required materials and description of requested improvements and/or scope of work.
- The property owner (or representative) gives a presentation about the project at next available Downtown Arlington BID Grants Committee meeting and answers committee member questions for project plans.
- Upon project approval, Downtown Arlington staff prepare a Grant Agreement to be executed by the applicant, at which time improvements may begin. Downtown Arlington cannot pay for any work that has been completed prior to execution of the Grant Agreement. Improvements must begin within three months of executing the Grant Agreement or applicant may forfeit grant funds.
- Once improvements are complete, Downtown Arlington staff will schedule an onsite visit to ensure that all work was completed per the approved scope of work. Upon successful review, the applicant will provide associated invoices and evidence that all bills for improvements were paid in full, and provide all related permits required for the project. Then Downtown Arlington staff will remit reimbursement according to the execution of the Grant Agreement.
- Other details are outlined in the Grant application.
Downtown Arlington BID Improvement Grants Program applications are accepted at any time. Funding is distributed on a first come, first serve basis during Downtown Arlington’s fiscal year (September 1 – August 31). Applicants who apply after all funding is distributed are encouraged to resubmit their application at the beginning of the next fiscal year.
Click here to download a Downtown Arlington BID Improvement Grant application.
For more information, contact Katie Gosa at firstname.lastname@example.org or 817-303-2800 for details.