To Our Downtown Arlington Partners and Friends,
On Tuesday, January 21st the Arlington City Council will consider the zoning application for the Arlington Lofts student housing project located on West Abram. As you may recall, this case was denied by Council last year. Since the denial, the applicant made significant changes to the project and went back through the Planning and Zoning Commission where it again received unanimous approval. The developer outlined those changes in a presentation to the DAMC board during our September meeting at which time we voted to support this important residential project.
It is very important that the Arlington Lofts be approved on Tuesday, and here are just a few reasons why:
- Tears down a 45 year-old multi-family development
- Invests $35 million in our community, and encourages additional investment by others
- Generates 10-fold increase in taxable value
- ·Supports UT Arlington’s efforts to become a Tier 1 research university
- Increases Downtown’s residential population, which is very important to our retail/restaurant partners
- Is in accordance with the Downtown Master Plan, Downtown Neighborhood Overlay, and Strategic Action Plan
- Located within an existing cluster of student housing projects
- Enhances streetscape along Abram St., improving walkability
Please click HERE to contact the Arlington City Council before Tuesday to express your support for this project. Thank you for your support as we work to become a vibrant destination!
President & CEO of Downtown Arlington Management Corp.