Dream Big Downtown, the Downtown Arlington 2021 Annual Meeting and Breakfast presented by Texas Trust Credit Union, is coming up on Thursday, July 1 from 8-10:00 a.m. After last year's all-virtual meeting, we're so excited to gather in person again with you!
Table sponsorships and individual tickets will only be available through this Friday, June 25, so now's the time to reserve your spot:
How excited are we about our 2021 Annual Meeting? Enough to put together a list for you of the Ten Awesome Reasons to Attend Dream Big Downtown!
- Enjoy the biggest networking event of the summer. The Downtown Arlington Annual Meeting is open to everyone, and it's a great opportunity to catch up with colleagues, our board members, city leaders, local entrepreneurs, and new friends-in-the-making.
- Join us in gratitude and remembrance. We stand on the shoulders of giants. Join us as we remember Persis Forster and others to whom we owe so much, as well as those personally impacted by the pandemic.
- Find out what's next for Downtown Arlington. How do we foster sustainable revitalization while harnessing the power of dreaming big and the passion of our community? Join the conversation with Maggie Campbell and our special Dream Big panel of local stakeholders including Michael Jacobson, President and CEO of the Greater Arlington Chamber of Commerce; Dr. Kim Mayer, Executive Director of the Center for Entrepreneurship and Economic Innovation at UT Arlington; Carolyn Mentesana, Executive Director of the Arlington Tomorrow Foundation; Jerry Shirer, owner of Rita's Italian Ice and Frozen Custard; and Georgie Zang, co-founder of Zang-Adams Real Estate.
- Discover our creative inspiration. Downtown Arlington is the city's official Cultural District, a designation bestowed by the State of Texas. Thanks to our dedicated cultural partners and "artrepreneurs," creatives of all kinds are finding more ways to make, show and sell their work. What's next for the arts in Downtown? Come find out.
- Who's got spirit? Find out who will win our 2021 Legendary Lionheart Award, given to individuals whose entrepreneurial energy and dedication to community have contributed to making their business a rising legend in its own time. Previous winners include Brandon Hurtado and Randy Ford.
- You gotta have heart. Who will receive our Golden Lantern Award? One of three awards we'll be presenting at the Annual Meeting, the Golden Lantern Award is given to a non-profit organization, public servant or resident who brings empathy and the human touch to their work. Previous winners include Tillie Burgin and Arlington Fire Station #1.
- Dream big and build lasting legacies. Our most prestigious Dream Builders Award will be presented to an individual with a long-standing and remarkable legacy of commitment to Downtown and our City. Who will receive the award in 2021? Previous winners include Ryan Dodson, Patti Diou, Terry Bertrand, Lana Wolff and Tom Cravens.
- Enjoy fine outdoor dining. A breakfast catered by the chefs at Restaurant 506 and served in the Grand Courtyard of the beautiful Sanford House Inn and Spa?
- Number 8 was two reasons, actually.
- Be the first to get our inside scoop. We're going to make a couple big announcements! Don't miss it!
GET YOUR TICKETS NOW
Click here for Table (of 8) sponsorships! Individual tickets are $45 apiece and are available through the Eventbrite page.
ABOUT DOWNTOWN ARLINGTON
Designated by the State of Texas as the Arlington Cultural District, Downtown Arlington is where creativity, authenticity, and hometown pride thrive and drive what's next. Within its less than a two-mile radius, Downtown is home to a top tier public research university, prolific visual and performing artists and arts institutions, live entertainment, exciting NCAA and professional athletics, one-of-a-kind dining and retail, and a supportive business climate. Stay in the know by subscribing to our e-newsletter and by following us on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and Instagram.