Business Improvement District (BID) / Entrepreneurship / COVID-19
Jun 10, 2020
Tarrant County and City of Arlington Announce Small Business Assistance Grant Program
Arlington businesses that have been adversely affected by COVID-19 and have fewer than 25 employees may be eligible for assistance through the Tarrant County Small Business Assistance Grant Program.
The Tarrant County Commissioners Court recently allocated $30 million in CARES Act funds to the Small Business Assistance Grant Program, which aims to assist very small businesses with costs associated with business interruptions caused by the public health emergency. At least $6 million, or 20% of the total grant funds available, is allocated for businesses with 51% Minority, Woman or Veteran ownership.
The dollar amount of individual grants will be determined by the financial information provided, the number of eligible grant applications received and the funding pool available. All grants will be limited to $10,000 and will be on a reimbursement basis. The application period begins at 10:00 a.m. Monday, June 22, 2020, and ends at 6:00 p.m. Tuesday, July 7, 2020.*
Click here read more about grant eligibility requirements and for information on how to apply. Please call the City of Arlington’s Economic Development Department at 817-459-6155 for assistance.
Grant funding is limited to businesses who meet certain criteria, including:
- A small business with 25 or less full time equivalent (FTE) employees
- Located within Tarrant County, outside the City of Fort Worth
- A for-profit business in operation in Tarrant County as of January 1, 2020
- Applications limited to one (1) business per owner(s)
- Business was closed or partially closed due to COVID-19
- Business shows a reduction in net profit or an increased loss from COVID-19
Allowable expenses for grant reimbursement consideration includes:
- Payroll costs for employees
- Contract labor
- Supplier payments
- Rent, lease or mortgage payment (excluding escrow for property taxes) for real property used for business purposes (i.e. storefront or warehouse, excluding personal residence.)
- Rent, lease or purchase payment for business property (e.g., delivery vehicle, food truck, kitchen equipment, technology, payment and communications systems and equipment)
- New or expanded technology applications and Wi-Fi services
- Utility payments for business properties (excluding personal residence)
- Cost of critical business operations (raw materials, inventory spoilage, etc. payments)
- PPE and sanitation supplies and equipment
- Interest on other business debt obligations incurred before January 1, 2020 (excluding personal residence)
- Other reimbursable costs of business interruption contemplated by the CARES Act.
Source: City of Arlington press release, June 10, 2020. Shared in partnership with Tarrant County and the City of Arlington.
*Update to deadline announced on July 2, 2020.