Downtown Arlington seeks creative entrepreneurs for new Pop-Up! Partner program
You may have noticed a new kind of creative enterprise popping up around Downtown Arlington. Pop-up events and shows are part of the new wave of placemaking, and the Downtown Arlington Management Corporation is launching a program to entice more to pop up in our district.
What’s a Pop-Up?
Hosted either by an established or emerging entity, pop-ups are experiences that appear to "pop up" overnight and only last one day or a few. Pop-ups can provide value to a community in four distinct ways:
INNOVATE: Pop-ups create assets out of barriers, using vacant or underutilized spaces for events and activities that are unexpected. They also
CULTIVATE the Downtown landscape in a way that allows entrepreneurs, artists, engineers, planners and other creatives to
MOTIVATE a community to dream big, try something new, or take an important first step toward achieving a bigger vision or dream. In doing so, residents and visitors come to
APPRECIATE an old or familiar space in a new way. Pop-ups can shine a spotlight on that which makes Arlington and Downtown unique.
Downtown Arlington Pop-Up! Partner program
The new Downtown Arlington Pop-Up! Partner program is designed to attract and support new pop-up enterprises. Through cost-sharing, co-branding and mutually beneficial planning and promotion, DAMC seeks Pop-Up! Partners that will make a visible and positive impact in Downtown in one or more of the following areas:
- Health initiatives
- Environmental programs
- Placemaking events
- Cultural arts
- Economic development
Want more information about program criteria and the application process? Visit the Pop-Up! Partner page.
Pop on over
We think Spring’s the perfect time for pop-ups! Check out the upcoming events from Downtown Arlington’s Pop-Up! Partners:
- Fort Worth’s wildly popular Urban Traders Market is coming to Arlington, popping up on March 24, April 21, May 19 and June 16 at 400 E Division.
- Although Happy Goat Yoga with Arlington Yoga Center on March 3 is sold out, and April 21st.
- Bicycles Inc. will be popping up on March 24 for a Discover Downtown ride, beginning at J. Gilligan's and ending at Legal Draft.
- We can't wait to tell you more about the Biergarten and Pop-Up Dog Park on April 7. Stay tuned for details.
- Later in April, watch for an E-gaming pop-up event at Urban Union.
- Earlier this month, Christopher Hightower Gallery launched in Downtown Arlington with a pop-up exhibition featuring internationally renowned painter Donray. Click here to receive information about future pop-up shows.
Don’t miss out on anything that Downtown Arlington has to offer! Subscribe to our e-newsletter for the latest in Downtown news, entertainment and events. For up to the minute details, visit our online calendar of events.
About Downtown Arlington
An official State of Texas Cultural District, Downtown Arlington blends a unique mix of activities, sights, tastes and sounds that attract visitors and locals alike. Within its less than a two-mile radius, Downtown is home to a top tier public research university, prolific fine and performing artists and arts institutions, live entertainment, exciting NCAA and professional athletics, one-of-a-kind dining and retail, and a supportive business climate.