PURPOSE OF THE PROGRAM
Downtown Arlington Management Corporation actively seeks ways to re-imagine and revitalize buildings, properties and public spaces in Downtown Arlington by attracting a variety of permanent and temporary enterprises. The Downtown Arlington Pop-Up! Partner program seeks to support the growth of initiatives that are temporary in nature.
WHAT’S A POP-UP?
Hosted either by an established or emerging entity, pop-up retail and pop-up events are experiences that appear to “pop up” for one day. Pop-ups are one way to utilize existing spaces in new ways and bring new or unique concepts, products or experiences to residents, visitors and tourists.
The Downtown Arlington Pop-Up! Partner program is designed to attract and support pop-up enterprises that have never before taken place in Downtown Arlington. Through cost-sharing, co-branding and mutually beneficial event planning and promotion, DAMC seeks to broaden and deepen the spectrum of activities taking place in Downtown Arlington.
DAMC seeks Pop-Up! Partners whose activities, programs, projects, initiatives and events will make a visible and positive impact in Downtown Arlington and throughout the community we serve in one or more of the following areas:
- Health initiatives
- Environmental programs
- Placemaking events
- Cultural arts
- Economic development
DAMC will accept Pop-Up! Partner applications from any entity whose pop-up initiative will take place within the Downtown Arlington Business Improvement District. We’re particularly interested in partnering with entities that will focus on utilizing spaces that are currently vacant or underutilized and can show a track record of previous successes.
It is the responsibility of the applicant to ensure all activities comply with local, state, and federal permitting processes, codes and regulations.
Upon acceptance into the program, Downtown Arlington Pop-Up! Partners will receive from DAMC:
- Assistance in identifying available venues and property owner partners
- Assistance in identifying possible co-hosts and co-sponsors
- Consultation on meeting all local, state, and federal permitting processes, codes and regulations and guidance throughout the process
- DAMC underwriting of city permitting fees and event insurance up to $500.
- Prominent marketing and promotion of Pop-Up! initiative on Downtown Arlington website, e-newsletter and social media. As publication deadlines allow, the Pop-up! Partner will also be included in one Downtown Arlington advertisement in Arlington Today.
- Downtown Arlington Pop-Up! Partner mention in all media outreach conducted by DAMC
In return, DAMC will receive:
- Downtown Arlington Pop-Up! Partner logo placement on all online and print materials produced by the Pop-Up! Partner
- Downtown Arlington Pop-Up! Partner logo placement on signage at Pop-Up! event
- Downtown Arlington Pop-Up! Partner mention in all media outreach conducted by the Pop-Up! Partner
- Within sixty days of the conclusion of the initiative/event, the Pop-Up! Partner will provide DAMC with a summary of results and targets achieve.
APPLICATION DEADLINE AND PARTNERSHIP NOTIFICATION
Upon receipt of a complete Pop-Up! Partner application, DAMC will review and respond with 45 days. Please return documents by email, fax, or mail. Use additional pages as necessary.
Downtown Arlington Management Corporation reserves the right to:
- Announce all Pop-Up! Partner commitments publicly.
- Use before, during and after photography of the Pop-Up! Partner project to market the program and partnership.
- Reject, discontinue, modify, or withhold any and all payments should the Pop-Up! Partner fail to meet the expectations described above.
Thank you for your interest in collaborating with Downtown Arlington Management Corporation! Building partnerships in Downtown Arlington is our top priority. While we’re fiscally unable to fund every funding request we receive, we will do our best to partner with as many as we can and advocate for all.
Please download the Downtown Arlington Pop-Up! Partner Program application below: