Authentically Arlington / Cultural Arts / Downtown Outdoors / Entertainment / Events / Food / Kids
Apr 27, 2021
Five Things Mom Does Not Want to Do on Mother's Day Weekend... and What to Do Instead
Mom does not want to:
- Make the bed.
- Binge watch (again) that show only you like.
- Remind you that it's Mother's Day.
- Do anything on her to-do list.
- Prepare a meal.
Mom wants to:
- Spend time with you.
- Make memories with you.
- Take selfies with you.
- Listen to great music.
- Go out to eat somewhere she can bump into lots of people she knows so she can show you off.
Plan your weekend with Mom:
- Buy Mom a beautiful piece of original art at the West Main Arts Festival Saturday, May 8.
- Create your own chalk art with Mom at the free Downtown Arlington Chalk Walk at the West Main Arts Festival, or take an art class together through Theatre Arlington's Painting Party with Angie on Saturday or on Mother's Day at Board & Brush DIY Wood Sign Workshop studio.
- Capture some amazing selfies with Mom along one of Downtown Outdoor's Mural Walks.
- It's all about the music! Downtown is coming alive this weekend, and you've got tons of great concerts for Mom to choose from. Take in Symphony Arlington's final performance of the season with Mom on May 6; rock out to Tom Petty and Fleetwood Mac tribute bands at Arlington Music Hall Friday, March 7 and Saturday, May 8; enjoy free music under the stars at opening weekend of the Levitt Pavilion May 7-9; join J. Gilligan's for their second Music on the Patio Concert featuring the Pengwins with September Moon on May 8; and kick back at the Take Out Tuesday Community Picnic (and concert) on May 11.
- Have Mom play the updated Downtown Patio Personality Game (see below), then take her where she can bump into lots of people she knows so she can show you off.
Click here for a downloadable version.