Early voting is under way! Here are important dates and information to remember leading up to Election Day on November 3.
- Oct. 13: In-person early voting begins
- Oct. 23: Last day to apply for a ballot by mail (the application must be received by this date, not simply postmarked)
- Oct. 30: Last day of in-person early voting
- Nov. 3: Election Day
- Nov. 3, 7 p.m.: Deadline to return mail-in ballot if carrier envelope is not postmarked, OR Nov. 4 at 5 p.m. if carrier envelope is postmarked by 7 p.m. at the location of the election on Election Day
Downtown Arlington Polling Locations
In Downtown Arlington, there are two polling locations:
- Tarrant County Sub-Courthouse, 700 E Abram Street, Arlington, 76010
- Maverick Activities Center, University of Texas at Arlington, 500 W Nedderman Drive, Arlington, 76019
Click here for other polling locations across Arlington and Tarrant County.
- Tuesday - Saturday, October 13-17: 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Sunday, October 18: Closed
- Monday - Friday, October 19-23: 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Saturday, October 24: 7:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m.
- Sunday, October 25: 11:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
- Monday - Friday, October 26-30: 7:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m.
- Tuesday, November 3: 7:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m.
Do I Need ID to Vote?
Yes. Texas requires voters to present one form of photo ID when voting in person. The following forms of ID are acceptable:
- Texas driver license issued by the Texas Department of Public Safety (DPS)
- Texas election identification certificate issued by DPS
- Texas personal identification card issued by DPS
- Texas handgun license issued by DPS
- United States Military identification card containing the person’s photograph
- United States citizenship certificate containing the person’s photograph
- United States passport (book or card)
More Voter Information
There are several excellent resoures for voter information in Tarrant County and Arlington. The UTA Shorthorn newspaper recently provided a breakdown of the November ballot. The website Vote411.org, a service of the League of Women Voters, provides links to:
- Check your voter registration
- Find your polling location
- See a sample ballot
- Discover upcoming debates in the area
Finally, click here for a comprehensive Voter Guide, courtesy of The City of Arlington and Tarrant County.