Here are the anticipated lane closures and traffic impacts for the coming weeks on and along Abram Street in Downtown Arlington. Closures and detours are subject to changes due to weather and schedule.
New or updated information is indicated in bold.
SH 360 southbound lanes approaching Abram St.
- Continuously, from 7 p.m. Nov. 2 to 6 a.m. Nov. 5: Southbound SH 360 main lanes will be closed approaching Abram St. for bridge demolition. Traffic will be exited prior to Division St, continue on the southbound frontage road, and entering from south of Abram Street. Traffic may be stopped temporarily for plant access. EXPECT DELAYS.
- These lane closures are part of the $233 million Interstate 30/SH 360 Interchange Project and the SH 360 Widening Project. For more information, visit the Keep 30360 Moving website.
- Pecan Street, between Abram and Main streets, is closed to through traffic until early November. This closure is necessary to allow for the installation of new sewer lines and improvements to the stormwater drainage system. Visitors to the area can access the parking lot located between Pecan and Oak Street from Oak Street.
- With the completion of the new ADA-compliant ramp located at the southeast corner of City Hall and the closure of Pecan Street, the temporary ADA ramp located at the northeast corner of Abram and Pecan Streets has been removed. A pedestrian detour is in place to direct visitors from the parking lot west of City Hall to the north entrance of City Hall.
Cooper Street between UTA Boulevard and Main Street
- The outside lane of northbound Cooper Street will be closed north of UTA Boulevard to Main Street through December 24 to allow for installation of new water line infrastructure. This closure will not affect southbound traffic.
Getting Around Downtown
Free parking is available throughout Downtown, including in the public lot west of City Hall, in the 101 Center Parking garage, along Front Street, and in the new reverse-angle parking spaces along Abram, Center and Mesquite streets.
Abram Street will be open to two-way traffic throughout its two-year redevelopment. Track #myAbram and visit myAbram.com for the latest information about traffic routing and construction milestones. Download Waze for free and see real-time traffic, find optimal routes and avoid road closures, or for only $3 take Via Arlington and leave your car at home.
Subscribe, Post, Tweet and Tag
Subscribe to Downtown Arlington’s weekly e-newsletter, follow us on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram, and tag us with @dtArlington.
Updates provided by the City of Arlington and shared courtesy of DAMC.