One of our favorite Downtown traditions is this weekend: the South Street Art Festival!
SSAF has been entertaining and delighting locals and visitors alike for five years. This year, it's bigger and better than ever! In fact, we're so excited that we’ve put together our Top Eight Reasons to Love South Street Art Festival, starting with:
- One of a kind art. The talented artists who participate in South Street Art Festival work in a wide variety of traditional and new mediums. Festival patrons can add to their collections of original painting, jewelry, ceramics, metal work, photography, digital and mixed media, and more.
- Rock, rock ‘til you drop. Unlike the “easy listening” vibe at some outdoor festivals, SSAF knows how to rock. Back-to-back performances by nine killer bands keep the mood upbeat. Performers include Swan Song: A Tribute to Led Zeppelin on Friday, the award-winning Alan Fox Band on Saturday, and Texas Flood: A Tribute to Stevie Ray Vaughan on Sunday.
- All new! The Run at South Street Art Festival. Be the first to participate in this new SSAF tradition! Choose between a 1-mile fun run/walk or a 5K on Saturday, October 14 starting at 8:00 a.m. Registration information is available on the website.
- All new! Wine Tasting Experience. Sample from seven outstanding Texas wineries, including Red 55 Winery, Marker Cellars Winery, Kissing Tree Vineyards, Sugar Ridge Winery, Silver Dollar Winery, and White Fox Vineyards. Purchase your wine tasting package or individual tickets online in advance.
- The Craft Beer Experience. Back by popular demand, South Street’s Craft Beer Experience highlights Texas breweries including Downtown Arlington favorites Division Brewing and Legal Draft Brewing Co. Purchase a Craft Beer Tasting card online for only $10 and taste up to five different beers.
- Specials and discounts. Through the South Street Art Festival Downtown Partner program, local businesses are offering you special deals! Visit the SSAF Downtown Partners webpage to access coupons you can print or present from your phone. Shout out to Downtown Partner program participants, including Legendz Classic Barbershop, J R Bentley's, Old School Pizza & Suds, J Gilligan's Bar and Grill, Urban Alchemy and Division Brewing.
- Perfect fit. We know we’re partial, but we think that Downtown Arlington is tailor-made for arts and cultural events including performances, concerts, exhibitions, lectures, parades, festivals and other celebrations. As the official Arlington Cultural District, so does the State of Texas.
- Power couple. Festival organizers Steve and Janis Moya are the best! Their commitment to bringing great visual and performing artists to Downtown Arlington is topped only by their energy and creativity.
See you this weekend!
Friday, October 13
4:00 p.m. - 10:00 p.m.
Saturday, October 14
11:00 a.m. - 10:00 p.m.
Sunday, October 15
11:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Admission is free. Visit southstreetartfest.com and the SSAF Facebook page for location, parking and more information.
Downtown Arlington is proud to be presenting sponsor of South Street Art Festival.
Subscribe, post, tweet and tag
Find out first about Downtown business opportunities, construction updates, cultural activities, events and news. Subscribe to our weekly e-newsletter and follow us on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram. As you post and tweet, tag us with #authenticallyArlington and @dtArlington.
About Downtown Arlington
An official State of Texas Cultural District, Downtown Arlington, Texas blends a unique mix of activities, sights, tastes and sounds that attract visitors and locals alike. Within its less than a two-mile radius, Downtown is home to a top tier public research university, prolific fine and performing artists and arts institutions, live entertainment, exciting NCAA and professional athletics, one-of-a-kind dining and retail, and a supportive business climate.