Sixteen local North Texas young adults, ages 14-19, have been named finalists for the Start the Journey Youth Voice Competition, presented by the Ramblin’ Roads Music Festival and sponsored by Tarrant County Judge Glen Whitley and The Cove Studios. The Start the Journey finalists were chosen by a special committee including faculty and representatives of the Music Industry Studies Department at The University of Texas at Arlington.
Start the Journey Youth Voice Competition finalists are:
- Anyssa Mcdonald, Summit High School, Mansfield ISD
- Landon Hodges, The Oakridge School, Arlington, TX
- Riley Gilbreath, North Crowley High School, Crowley ISD
- Dylan Dalton, Martin High School, Arlington ISD
- Amy Hoemke, Grand Prairie Fine Arts Academy, Grand Prairie ISD
- Kiara Mullin, Martin High School, Arlington ISD
- Erica Fulbright, Greenhill School, Addison, TX
- Camille Breitenstein, Martin High School, Arlington ISD
- Ruby Cox, Benbrook Middle High School, Fort Worth ISD
- Sanjna Kalisetty, Greenhill School, Addison, TX
- Julia Suazo, Haltom High School, Birdville ISD
- Lucan Lopez, Greenhill School, Addison, TX
- Emylie Althoff, Haltom High School, Birdville ISD
- Ilanna Feldman, Greenhill School, Addison, TX
- Mallory Rose Gomez, Lamar High School, Arlington ISD
- Miki Hooper, Keller High School, Keller ISD
“Start the Journey" Finalist Competition Performance
At 2:00 pm Sunday, Oct. 3, the specially selected finalists will advance to the Start the Journey competition performance at Arlington Music Hall, the same stage where many legendary artists like Maren Morris and Leann Rimes have kick-started their music careers. The public is invited to this free event and no tickets are required to attend the performance.
Finalists are competing for the title of Best Vocalist in each of the four teams as well as a Fan Favorite, chosen by the audience. One winner will be selected from each group and receive $250. The overall Grand Prize Winner will also receive $500. In addition to the cash prize, each winner will receive a recording session at The Cove Studios, a professional recording studio, and an opportunity to perform live as part of an opening act at the Levitt Pavilion Arlington.
About Ramblin' Roads Music Festival
The “Start the Journey” Youth Voice Competition is part of the 2021 Ramblin’ Roads Music Festival, a celebration of all the diverse music, people, and memories that come together for the best American road trip. Debuting October 1 - 3, 2021 in Arlington, a designated State of Texas Music Friendly Community, attendees will enjoy an eclectic mix of live music throughout the three-day festival featuring Levitt Pavilion, Arlington Music Hall, Texas Live!, and 15+ venues and various hosted events including Jazz in the Park, Urban Artisan Market, Start the Journey Youth Voice Competition, Classic Car Show, screening of American Graffiti, and a Gospel Brunch. Founded and coordinated by the Downtown Arlington organization, Ramblin’ Roads is created through the collaboration of the community and its many businesses that make up Downtown Arlington. The schedule is available on the festival’s website, RamblinRoadsFest.com.