Whether you're a pro or a duffer, you're invited to putt for a great cause: the newly established Michael Jarrett Scholarship Fund. The scholarship will be awarded to a UT Arlington student who exhibits strong leadership values and was created to honor Mike's legacy of leadership, passion for community, and famously fantastic golf game.
The first-ever Michael Jarrett “Be Like Mike" Putting Competition presented by Worthington National Bank is coming up on Monday September 26 from 4-6 p.m. at Shady Valley Country Club. The competition will be held after the Greater Arlington Chamber 18th Annual Golf Tournament on the putting greens outside the clubhouse.
Try your hand at the long putt! The closer you get, the better the prizes, including:
- 5 ft circle – 2 free street tacos from Cartel Taco Bar
- 3 ft circle – Downtown insulated aluminum cup
- Hole in one - $50 Downtown Arlington gift card
There will also be music, games, and a bar cart!
The Michael Jarrett Scholarship was organized through a spirit of cooperation and passion for Arlington, just as Mike taught us. Partners include:
- Worthington National Bank
- Michael Jacobson and Alicia Collins Butler with the Greater Arlington Chamber of Commerce
- Joni Wilson and Carl Cravens with Susser Bank
- Arlington ISD Education Foundation
- Arlington Rotary Club
- The Salvation Army
- Mike’s alma mater, The University of Texas at Arlington
About Downtown Arlington
Designated by the State of Texas as the Arlington Cultural District, Downtown Arlington is where creativity, authenticity, and hometown pride thrive and drive what's next. Within its less than a two-mile radius, Downtown is home UT Arlington, a Tier-One university, plus prolific visual and performing arts, live entertainment, exciting NCAA and professional athletics, one-of-a-kind dining and retail, and a supportive business climate. #downtownarlington