Here are the anticipated lane closures and traffic impacts on and along Abram Street in Downtown Arlington as reported by the City of Arlington. Closures and detours are subject to changes due to weather and schedule.
New or updated information is indicated in bold.
West Street between Abram and Main Streets
- West Street between Abram and Main streets will be closed until Jan. 23, 2019.
Cooper Street between UTA Boulevard and Main Street
- The outside lane of northbound Cooper Street will be closed north of UTA Boulevard to Main Street to allow for installation of new water line infrastructure. This closure will not affect southbound traffic.
SH 360 U-turns at Abram Street
New lane closures are also planned for the next week as part of the $233 million Interstate 30/SH 360 Interchange Project and the SH 360 Widening Project. For more information, please visit the Keep 30360 Moving website.
- SH 360 Southbound Entrance from Six Flags Drive: The southbound SH 360 entrance ramp from Six Flags Drive will be closed indefinitely to place sanitary sewer. Traffic will be directed to the next entrance ramp from Abram Street.
- SH 360 North-to-South U-turn at Abram Street: Jan. 21, 7 a.m. through Feb. 2, 5 p.m.: The SH 360 north-to-south U-turn at Abram Street will be closed for drainage work.
- SH 360 South-to-North U-turn at Abram Street: Jan. 21-25, 9 a.m.-3 p.m., Jan. 26, 7 a.m.-5 p.m., Jan. 28-Feb. 1, 9 a.m.-3 p.m. and Feb. 2, 7 a.m.-5 p.m.: The SH 360 south-to-north U-turn at Abram Street will be closed for drill shaft work.
Track #myAbram or visit www.ArlingtonTX.gov/Abram to stay up-to-date on this transformative, two-year construction project.
myAbram Project Update Meeting
In partnership with the Downtown Arlington Management Corporation, City of Arlington project managers host regular myAbram Project Update meetings open to all Downtown businesses, property owners and BID members. These meetings provide opportunities to share status reports, celebrate completed milestones and Q&A. The next myAbram Partner is set for January 31, 2019 from 3:00 - 4:00 p.m. at Legal Draft Beer Co.
Getting Around Downtown
Free parking is available throughout Downtown, including in the public lot west of City Hall, in the 101 Center Parking garage, along Front Street, and in the new reverse-angle parking spaces along Abram, Center and Mesquite streets.
Download Waze for free and see real-time traffic, find optimal routes and avoid road closures, or for only $3 take Via Arlington and leave your car at home.
Subscribe, Post, Tweet and Tag
Subscribe to Downtown Arlington’s weekly e-newsletter, follow us on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram, and tag us with @dtArlington.
Updates provided by the City of Arlington and shared courtesy of DAMC.