- This event has passed.
Theatre Arlington presents: Sylvia
January 12 @ 7:30 pm - February 4 @ 10:00 pm
After twenty two years of raising children in the suburbs, Greg and Kate move to Manhattan. As Greg’s career as a financial trader is winding down, Kate’s career, as a public-school English teacher, is taking off. Greg brings home a dog he found in the park—or that has found him—bearing only the name “Sylvia” on her name tag. A street-smart mixture of Lab and Poodle, Sylvia becomes a major bone of contention between husband and wife. She offers Greg an escape from the frustrations of his job and the unknowns of middle age. To Kate, Sylvia becomes a rival for affection. And Sylvia thinks Kate just doesn’t understand the relationship between man and dog. The marriage is put in serious jeopardy until, after a series of hilarious and touching complications, Greg and Kate learn to compromise, and Sylvia becomes a valued part of their lives.
Appropriate for audiences aged 16 and up. Adult language.
- Seating begins 30 minutes prior to curtain.
- No Refunds or Exchanges. All sales are FINAL.
- No lap seats or children under the age of three permitted
- Photography, video or audio recording is strictly forbidden.
- Please turn off all cell phones and noise makers.
- No food or beverage are allowed inside the theater.
- Tickets not picked up by 5 minutes before show time may be released to those on the waiting list.
January 12 –February 4, 2018
Thursday at 7:30 pm; Friday & Saturday at 8:00 pm; Sunday at 2:00 pm