FAÇADE IMPROVEMENT GRANT
Downtown Arlington grows every year with exciting new businesses that attract more and more visitors, patrons and tourists. To further this momentum, Downtown Arlington Management Corporation (DAMC) is offering a new funding initiative aimed at improving downtown’s visual appeal. Through this initiative, DAMC and property owners can work together to make downtown an even more vibrant destination.
- The property owner must first submit a brief description of project to Downtown Arlington Management Corporation to determine if project meets the general intent of the program.
- Upon invitation, the property owner (applicant) submits a completed Destination Downtown Grant Application to DAMC with required materials and description of requested improvements and/or scope of work.
- Upon project approval, DAMC will prepare a Grant Agreement to be executed by the applicant, at which time improvements may begin. DAMC cannot pay for any work that has been completed prior to execution of the Grant Agreement. Improvements must begin within three months of executing the Grant Agreement or applicant may forfeit grant funds.
- Once improvements are complete, DAMC staff will schedule an onsite visit to ensure that all work was completed per the approved scope of work. Upon successful review, the applicant will provide associated invoices and evidence that all bills for improvements were paid in full.
- DAMC staff will disburse grant funds within 30 days of receipt of all required documentation.
- Geographic Area: Projects must be located within the boundaries of the Downtown Arlington Business Improvement District.
- Project Review: Projects must be reviewed, and approved, by the DAMC BID Committee prior to the start of construction in order to be eligible for funds.
- Business Improvement District (BID): Property associated with the project or applicant must be taxable commercial property within the Downtown Arlington BID and current in payments.
- Frequency: A property owner may submit one application per DAMC fiscal year, which is October – September.
Improvements such as (but not exclusively limited to) building façade enhancements, awnings, painting, landscape elements, signage, accessibility improvements, public art, murals and decorative lighting are eligible for reimbursement subject to approval by the DAMC. It is the responsibility of the applicant to ensure all improvements comply with local, state, and federal codes and regulations.
- Grant Amount: The DAMC will approve matching grants of 50% of the total project cost up to $5,000 per project.
- Disbursement of Funding: Funding will be released upon project completion, walkthrough by DAMC staff, and when DAMC has received all necessary supporting documentation.
- Project Signage: Applicant must post signage on the property while project is under construction indicating work is being done as a part of the Destination Downtown Grant Program. Sign will be provided by DAMC and should be returned to DAMC upon competition of construction activities.
Downtown Arlington Management Corporation reserves the right to:
- Reject, discontinue, modify, or withhold any and all applications or grant payments.
- Announce all grant commitments publicly.
- Use before and after photography of your project to market the program.
Grant Giving Cycle – Requests are reviewed on a quarterly basis. We accept requests during the first two months of a quarter and award during the third month. Please submit your requests early to be considered.
Applications submitted in:
October & November will be awarded in December.
January & February will be be awarded in March.
April & May will be awarded in June.
July & August will be awarded in September.
Application form and supporting documentation must be received by the giving cycle deadline for consideration. Please return documents by email, fax, or mail.
But, before you do, click the contact us button below to give us a brief description of the work you would like to do.