This Fall, Performing and Fine Arts Shine in Downtown Arlington
There’s so much to do in Downtown Arlington this fall that one article can’t cover everything! But we can give you a Top Ten Preview of some of the hottest tickets in town, plus tips for getting real-time updates so you don’t ever miss a thing.
- Get your tickets now for Theatre Arlington’s 2019-20 season which includes productions of The Best Little Whorehouse in Texas, A Raisin in the Sun, Damn Yankees, and Biloxi Blues; great productions for the kids including Winnie the Pooh; and their brand-new Cabaret Series.
- The Levitt Pavilion free fall concert series is already in full swing, and you won’t want to miss a single night! This fall, enjoy a wide variety of genres from Celtic rock to soul, hip-hop to jazz, country to old-school blues, and everything in between. Their fall season is topped off with two special performances: Arlington Gives! with Daphne Wills on September 19 and 38 Special headlining Levitt’s annual fundraising concert on October 5.
- Music lovers know that Downtown Arlington is the place to be, and Arlington Music Hall has been helping to build that legacy for decades. This fall, treat yourself to some of your all-time favorites and discover brand new talent.
- Also based at the Hall is Symphony Arlington, whose 2019-20 performance season is packed with a breath-taking array of masterpieces and artists. Meanwhile, be sure to watch for chamber music ensemble Timeless Concerts which regularly performs at the Arlington Museum of Art.
- Catch even more spectacular live music and theatre at The University of Texas at Arlington, where faculty, visiting artists, and students regularly show off their incredible range of talents. We’re particularly looking forward to the upcoming production of Harvey and this fall’s UTA Symphony and UTA Jazz concerts.
- Sometimes you can also catch UTA music professors gigging with the American Jazz Composers Orchestra at the Grease Monkey Burger Shop and Social Club. Legal Draft Beer Co., Division Brewing, J. Gilligan’s, J.R. Bentley’s, Truth Vinyl, The Tipsy Oak, and other Downtown establishments host live music and open mic nights throughout the year, too.
- On the heels of the wildly successful show Keith Haring: Against All Odds, the Arlington Museum of Art is celebrating all things Texas this fall. Local, award-winning photographer and writer Amy Schultz is debuting her multi-media exhibition MUMENTOUS: Inside an Upsized Texas Tradition which takes a deep dive into the surprisingly complex world of Texas high school homecoming mums.
- Looking for more visual arts exhibits? Discover the incredible talent of UTA faculty, visiting artists and students who regularly exhibit at the The Gallery at UTA. While you’re visiting campus, also check out the story of A Comic Book History of Mexico on display at University of Texas at Arlington Libraries’ Special Collections alongside an inspiring look at how UT Arlington led the way in accessibility in Building a Barrier-Free Campus.
- Mark your calendar for annual events, festivals and lectures that take place in Downtown. Returning to the Arlington Museum of Art this September is the popular film, art, and music festival Frame 4 Frame. Throughout the academic year, UTA presents a wide variety of thought-provoking lectures and public talks, including Maverick Speaker Series In early October, the 7th Annual South Street Art Festival will bring an expanded footprint to Downtown.
- Inspire your kids (and yourself!) with all kinds of educational and fun experiences in Downtown Arlington. We love the star shows at the UTA Planetarium and the wide variety of programming at the Downtown Arlington Library. Also, be sure to check out creative workshops and classes offered at downtown venues including Miss Persis Studio of Dance, Upstairs Gallery, Sparks Studio, Legal Draft, Urban Alchemy Coffee + Wine Bar, Board & Brush Creative Studio and others.
One-stop Entertainment Guide
Don’t miss out on anything that our cultural partners have to offer! Subscribe to our e-newsletter for the latest in events, performances and entertainment in Downtown Arlington. Planning ahead? Visit our online calendar of events or find us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
Getting Around Downtown
Don’t let construction on Abram St. get you down. There’s still plenty of free street parking and the garage at 101 Center. Download Waze for free and see real-time traffic, find optimal routes, and avoid road closures. Or skip parking altogether and hail Via Arlington ride share for only $3, Uber, or Lyft.
About Downtown Arlington
Designated by the State of Texas as the Arlington Cultural District, Downtown Arlington is where creativity, authenticity, and hometown pride thrive and drive what’s next. Within its less than a two-mile radius, Downtown is home to a top tier public research university, prolific visual and performing artists and arts institutions, live entertainment, exciting NCAA and professional athletics, one-of-a-kind dining and retail, and a supportive business climate.