Americans stuff a lot more into the fourth week of November than just the turkey. Our traditional Thanksgiving celebrations anchor the melee, followed or preceded by Friendsgiving get-togethers. Black Friday, Small Business Saturday and Cyber Monday test our endurance, while football and food comas provide welcome time-outs.
Before we’re all off and running, we invite you to join us in a salute to the glue holding together all of these traditions in Downtown Arlington: our small business owners and their team of dedicated employees.
Here’s to the chefs, sommeliers and beer meisters who make it look so easy (but we know that it isn’t)!
Here’s to the artisans who create masterpieces by hand!
Here’s to the shop owners who lovingly curate their inventory just for us!
Here’s to the service providers and hoteliers who deliver on their promises!
Here’s to the sales team and servers who spread holiday cheer!
Downtown Arlington small businesses have been making their lists and checking them twice long before the thought even entered our minds. But now that it has, please remember them on Small Business Saturday and the other 364 days of the year.
Starting this week, watch for these and other holiday promotions, events and gift-giving ideas offered by Downtown Arlington businesses:
Shopping and Special Events
- Fifth Annual Holiday Bazaar: Meet local artisans and shop from their handmade crafts including paintings, jewelry, knitted & crocheted items, pet products, mixed media, baked goods, and more. November 25 from 10:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. and November 26 form 1:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- AYC Craft Party: Create beautiful conversation pieces for your tree or home at this fun and festive BYOB crafting event. December 8 at 2:00 p.m. Reservations required.
- Storewide sale, now through December 2: 50% off discount storewide, including all current store inventory and Nettie Jane Designs.
- Holiday Open House: The storewide sale wraps up with a Holiday Open House, including sweet treats and champagne for customers as they enjoy the last day of the 50% off event. December 2 from 11:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
- Local artisan market: Shop unique and one-of-a-kind works of art by local artists. Come early to grab that special find before it is gone; come back later to see what new works have been added by the same or new artisans. Hosted by 817 Arts Alliance, located at The Sleep Cottage. December 9-23, hours vary.
- Tavern Carols: Raise a glass and voice in song with timeless carols to start the Christmas season off right. December 1 at 8:00 p.m.
- Cocoa with Santa: Santa returns to A Moment in Time for one of his favorite annual events. In a magical tea room environment, kids create a holiday craft to take home, spend one-on-one time with Santa, enjoy delicious treats, and receive a beautiful professional photo of their time with the jolly old elf. Saturday, November 25. Reservations are required and can be made online.
- Thanksgiving Offer: Skip the dirty dishes at home, because Bentley’s kitchen is open on November 23, Thanksgiving Day! Kitchen hours from 6:00 p.m. – 10:00 p.m. (dining room hours 6:00 p.m. – midnight).
- Thanksgiving Offer: Enjoy a Thanksgiving feast in the Sanford House dining room or yours! Call now and make reservations on November 23 for between 11:00 a.m. – 2:30 p.m. Dine in for only $49 per person or pre-order a Turkey-to-Go dinner for $250.
- Thanksgiving Offer: Pre-order your Thanksgiving sweets now including but not limited to pies, cheese cakes, cookies, brownies, cupcakes and cake balls.
- Small Business Saturday: Buy one cupcake get one half off.
- Thanksgiving Offer: Try our unique and crowd-pleasing “Thanksgiving Day Sandwich,” available through November 22, the day before Thanksgiving.
- Now through Thanksgiving: 1,000 full color digital business cards, gloss or matte, 16PT, print ready file $60.33 through November 23. Additional set-up charges apply. Promo code: Downtown
- Small Business Saturday: 1,000 #10 Window or regular envelopes with return address in black ink. Print ready file or text return address only. November 25 only. $75 with promo code: Downtown
- We love a parade: 10% off orders placed on December 8, in honor of the Arlington Parade of Lights. Promo code: Downtown
- Small Business Saturday: In-house specials on Skin Care Products, Gift Certificates Purchases, and more. November 25 from 10:00 a.m.-4:00 p.m.
Other holiday shopping ideas
- Pick up a new or perfectly preserved LP for your favorite collector at Truth Vinyl.
- Buy a gift card or merch from his or her favorite Downtown Arlington restaurant or pub.
- What do you get the Mavericks in your life? A sweatshirt or other gift item from the UT Arlington Bookstore, tickets to the big game, or a private party at the UTA Planetarium.
- Make memories together by taking in a concert or show in Downtown, Arlington’s official Cultural District.
- Step out in style during the holidays (and all year round) in a trend-setting look from The Man’s Shop.
- Surprise your sweetie with a hand-crafted mug or goblet, renewed vintage pieces, original art or jewelry from Wondrous Works Gift Shop.
- How about a get-away without the traffic? Look no further than Downtown’s two boutique hotel gems, The Thornton Inn and The Sanford House Inn and Spa.
- Give her (or him) a massage or new look from one of Downtown’s salons or barber shops.
Know of other holiday promotions in Downtown Arlington? Let us know in the comments section below!
About Downtown Arlington
An official State of Texas Cultural District, Downtown Arlington, Texas blends a unique mix of activities, sights, tastes and sounds that attract visitors and locals alike. Within its less than a two-mile radius, Downtown is home to a top tier public research university, prolific fine and performing artists and arts institutions, live entertainment, exciting NCAA and professional athletics, one-of-a-kind dining and retail, and a supportive business climate.